Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Quick Craft: Skull Salt and Pepper Shakers

Ever heard of Chrystal Skull Vodka? It's the vodka that comes in a (Glass) Skull and let's face it, you buy that vodka for the novelty of it.

And when I realized my salt and pepper shakers were not cutting it anymore I went on a search for new ones, and sure, I could have bought the Dr. Who ones from ThinkGeek. Or any other number... but why are they so expensive?

And then, we were in Total wine and I saw that Crystal Skull Vodka had the mini "Gift Size" bottles (lets face it, if you're gifting me with booze, I'd like an adult sized bottle). And I thought! I can make that into a salt and pepper set.

So I bought two... for a WHOPPING $8 each. Which, $16 is actually not that bad for a set.

Here's how you make your own.

1. Buy Vodka
2. Drink Vodka (you knew this was the craft post to read!)
3. Clean and dry vodka bottles
4. Remove inner protector on cap, punch holes with a Nail.
5. Fill one with salt, the other with pepper.
DONE!


2 comments: